Monday, January 27, 2014

Stay away from these flour free cookies

Wow I am really bad at keeping up with this blog, between having a new husband, the holidays, school, and work I don't really see anything other than my work computer and Chemistry or Biology books..... Coffee is my second favorite drink these days.

Well over the weekend during the arctic snow storm Michigan has been getting I didn't leave my house except to go to boot camp. Trying to stay warm these days is almost impossible, I am even wearing my long underwear to work because of the temps.....  So to try and warm my spirits, since I don't even remember what the s.u.n thing is anymore, I invented the worst, most horrible cookie..... They don't taste horrible they will make you feel horrible because you will try to eat everyone in a single sitting. To make myself feel better I just keep reminding myself they are flour free, butter free, and refined sugar free!




What you will need
  • 2 cups peanut butter
  • 2 cups brown sugar (I used light brown)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of quick oats
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or nuts or dried fruit or whatever you think will taste good (I did chocolate)
Directions
First you will start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and then mixing your peanut butter and brown sugar.

Then beat in eggs, one at a time.Then stir in baking soda, vanilla, salt, and oats. Lastly fold in your chocolate chips. After your dough is made roll into 1 in balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Press into the top using the back of a fork.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and let them cool thoroughly before removing from baking sheet.

Enjoy, and try not to eat every last one, it's really hard.

Until next time,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment