Monday, December 2, 2013

Manly Man Stocking Stuffers

So growing up Christmas has always been a very big deal in my family. I remember I would always get so excited/nervous Christmas Eve night that I would end up waking up at 3 or 4 am (yes in the morning) and get sick (yes I would get so worked up I would go vomit..... sorry for that picture) then finally ending in bed with my mom. Only to rise a few hours later for my favorite part, STOCKINGS!!! My sister and I would get up and wake my mom up. Well my mom can not do anything in the morning before she has a cup of coffee in her hand (I never understood this until I myself became an adult). While she was "waking up", it is such a process for her, my sister and I would start to dive into our stockings.

As I am now an "adult" living with my husband I have taken the stocking tradition into my home, but I still have one at my mom's. I put adult in quotation marks because I see it as my personal responsibility to be the child this Christmas since my sister and nephew will not make it home from California, very sad. Anyway, Tony is not a materialistic man in the slightest which is quiet nice but absolutely a headache when it comes to trying to find gifts for him, let alone small stocking stuffers. Therefore I am compiling a list of great stocking stuffers for the man in your life that really doesn't want a lot of clutter.

Manly Man Stocking Stuffers
  • Pocket Knife/Box Cutter (I did this one last year and he doesn't leave home without it..I use it a lot as well)
  • Beard comb
  • After Shave, this one has great reviews
  • Beef Jerky, Venison Sausage, any Jerky or Sausage that is high in protein basically
  • A smaller hatchet, these are great for camping trips
  • Their favorite sweet treat, Tony's is Reese's
  • Hunting accessories for a bow, gun, a new call, or scent killer (Here is one idea)
  •  Socks, everyday cotton socks or wool socks or dress socks
  • Chap stick, not a girly scent or tinted make sure you get a regular chap stick for a man
  • Nail Clippers, they always get lost so just get another one
  • Gift certificate to their favorite restaurant, coffee place, or manly great outdoors store
  • A pocket Bible, even though their is a Bible app now but some men like to kick it old school
  • A letter from you expressing your love for them and thanking them for being such an amazing man and for being your hero (men love to be reminded that they are heroes).
I hope that you may have a very very very Merry Christmas and cherish the memories you are making with each other. The true meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of our savior Jesus Christ, the one who gave his life for you and I to have a second chance. For some Christmas can be a very sad time of year because they may not be able to afford to give these gifts to their husband, wife, or children. Just know that Christmas is not about the gifts and turkey dinner, it is about God and His Son Jesus. Instead of getting someone a physical gift, when your budget really doesn't have room for it, try instead to give them the greatest of all gifts by inviting them to church or simply just asking the question, "Do you know who Jesus is?" This is the most meaningful gift you could ever give anyone.

Have a very Happy Birthday Jesus Day!!!

Until next time,
Olivia

1 comment:

  1. Olivia, check out the sportsman's Bible! It is super cool (camo and waterproof pages!)!

    ReplyDelete