Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Creamy Italian Chicken

With the windchill temperature dropping to around -35 degrees F I have been making meals that will warm you up and keep your full and sleepy, not the healthiest choice but hey it is -35 outside I am so not thinking about putting my bathing suit on today.

Last night for dinner I made on of my favorite comfort meals, Creamy Italian Chicken. This is a very simple Monday night crock pot dinner. I prepared the noodles ahead so that way when I got home I only had to shred the chicken and compile them.

What you will need
  • 4 boneless/skinless chicken breast
  • 1 package of dry Zesty Italian dressing mix
  • 1 brick (8oz.) regular cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • Favorite pasta (I usually use bow tie with this but I had angle hair pasta to use)
Directions
  1. Put cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in crock pot and mix together. Then add your packet of Italian dressing mix, and mix thoroughly. Add you chicken breast and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 6.
  2. In your crock pot shred the chicken and mix with cream sauce. Take cooked pasta and top it with your chicken/cream mix.
  3. Serve with a side of steamed veggies or cheese bread or whatever your stomach craves.


Until next time,
Olivia

1 comment: